Movies I Watched in the Last Week
1) Magic in the Moonlight - It's okay. I'm probably going ramble more about this one later, but the TL;DR version is that I just didn't really like the protagonist all that much, even if the movie itself is decent enough. Critics rate Woody Allen on too high a curve.
My Rating: 3.5 / 5
2) Chef - This one is very nearly a perfect movie. It's got some great characters and some great food porn, and despite having a meandering plot, it doesn't feel padded or overly long. High recommendations here.
My Rating: 4.5 / 5
3) I Know That Voice - I'm starting to realize that I just don't care too much for documentaries that approach a big subject on a macro-level, I want to criticize this one for only giving a brief overview of the voice acting process, but then I think more about it and I realize that if they got into the level of detail I want, it would be a 10-hour miniseries. It's a well-made documentary in its own right and deserves a watch if you have any interest at all in voice acting.
My Rating: 4 / 5
4) Stonehearst Asylum - This is another movie I'm probably going to have to write more about later. It's preposterous, silly, more than a little bit cliched, and predictable. But I can't deny that I had a great time watching it. This is a good example of how a well-made film can still be good even if its components really aren't. It's like a finely-prepared sandwich made out of stale bread and wilting lettuce.
My Rating: 4 / 5
Total: 4 Movies
Minutes I Spent Writing in the Last Week
1) Untitled Sexbot Short Story - About 1 hour.
Total: 1 Hour
The Winner: Movies...
No good excuses this week. I was just being lazy. I guess I could blame my day job, but that's never stopped me before.