Movies I Watched in the Last Week
1) Taken 3 - It's a step up from the last one, so that's worth something, I guess. I can't believe many people would actually be all that interested watching this, though.
My Rating: 3 / 5
2) Dragonheart 3: The Sorcerer's Curse - I watched this for my side blog. It's pretty much exactly what you expect when you hear the term "fantasy movie."
My Rating: 1 / 5
3) Left Behind - I was curious to see if this would be a campy, silly, fun Nic Cage movie with a bunch of unintentional jokes. It is not. It is dull, slow, and aggravating. Even by religious movie standards, this makes no effort to say anything worthwhile about God or faith. When you can't even find religious merit, you know your Jesus pic is a turd.
My Rating: 1 / 5
4) Hector and the Search for Happiness - This was the last movie I watched in 2015, and it's an apt one for New Year's Eve when resolutions and the spirit of fresh beginnings are at the front of everyone's minds. Unfortunately, I'm torn and can't give the film an unequivocal recommendation. On the one hand, there's a lot of heart and great performances, plus a few good jokes here and there. On the other hand, so many of the movie's witticisms are only skin deep and never get to the real pain of people who are simply unable to pursue happiness - either because of biology, finances, social circumstances, or any other reason. As a bit of feel good fluff, it's good clean fun, but don't expect much more.
My Rating: 3.5 / 5
Total: 4 Movies
Minutes I Spent Writing in the Last Week
1) Untitled Post-Apocalyptic Novel - About 3 hours of writing. Current first draft length: 27,000 words.
Total: 3 Hours
The Winner: Movies...
The first Week in Review is off to a good start - I didn't do more work than I spent time watching movies, but on the other hand, I actually got something done instead of spending my whole vacation loafing. That's worth something.