Movies I Watched in the Last Week
1) The Invitation - I loved this movie. I'm going to write more about it later, but for now I just want to tell everybody to watch it. It's streaming on Netflix, so it's not hard to find at all. This is the first time in awhile that a horror / thriller was described to me as a "slow burn" and I actually felt the heat. An excellent, excellent film.
My Rating: 5 / 5
2) Zootopia - It's pretty good. I think they could have edited it down a little to keep it at 90 minutes, but even so, this was a breezy watch and I'd love to revisit it sometime. Much headier than I was expecting, even after the Internet lost its shit and kept hyping it up for me.
My Rating: 4 / 5
3) Prisoners of the Lost Universe - I started watching this as a Hipster Holy Grail movie until I learned about halfway through that Riff Trax has already done it. Not that Riff Trax or MST3K precludes me from writing a review, but it's hard for me to maintain a "hipster" facade when there's a much bigger comedy team that's already torn something apart. The good news is, that means I don't have to suffer through an in-depth review of this movie, which barely held my attention.
My Rating: 2 / 5
Total: 3 Movies
Minutes I Spent Writing in the Last Week
1) Born Loser - About one hour of pre-publication prep work.
2) Post Apocalyptic Comedy Book - About one hour of writing. Current draft length: About 54,000 words.
Total: 2 Hours
The Winner: Movies...
After last week's sudden outburst, I was hoping to keep my momentum going with my post apocalyptic book. Unfortunately, I didn't count on my day job getting nuts again. At least I'm getting paid for something.